Q Place, NW DC
An exquisite, eco-friendly 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath two-story totally renovated home in a quaint neighborhood minutes from Georgetown. The traditional exterior facade features a charming recycled brick entrance and porch, hand crafted cornice brackets, reclaimed wrought iron rails, and a serene, elevated rear patio in a peaceful, natural setting. The interior of the home is a pleasant surprise. The open floor plan, the upgraded casement windows throughout, and the sleek, custom kitchen and bath design give the interior a “cool” and contemporary vibe that belie the classic exterior of the home.
Eco- friendly features of this home include:
- An Energy Star Qualified Home
- Solaris architectural roofing that reflects solar energy
- Icynene foam insulation in roofs and floors, Blown-in Spyder insulation in all exterior walls in lieu of conventional batt insulation. This upgraded insulation will provide the homeowner up to
- 50% reduction in heating and cooling costs when compared to standard code compliant insulation.
- A four- zoned hybrid (17 SEER heat pump and 95 percent furnace) Infinity system by Carrier. One of the preeminent forced air systems on the market today.
- An ultra -high efficiency gas fired 75 gallon water heating system (energy factor greater than .56).
- Energy Star appliances.
- Energy Star plus windows and doors.
- Energy Star ceiling fans and exhaust fans.
- Low energy lighting to include Compact Florescent Lighting (CFLs) and Light Emitting Diodes (LED) lighting.
- Recycled brick veneer.
- Reclaimed wrought iron.
- Water harvesting rain barrels.
- Wood flooring is responsibly harvested and certified by Forest Stewardship council (FSC).
- Low volatile organic compound (VOC) adhesives, sealants, and paints throughout (improved air quality).
- Recycled glass doors.
- Eco-friendly James Hardie Siding – Green and sustainable concrete reinforced material which out performs wood siding.
- PVC exteriors: Window trim, sills, and columns (never rots or needs replaced).
- Water permeable driveway and patio.
- And much more!