47th Place, NW DC
An innovative, environmentally friendly home developed, designed and built by Chryssa Wolfe with Hanlon Design Build featuring state of the art “green” technology. The property is enhanced by spectacular, tiered lots with panoramic views of the Georgetown Reservoir, along with unique, open floor plans with large rooms. High end finishes and eco-friendly materials are evident throughout the interior and exterior.
- State of the art Geothermal heating and cooling systems which are up to 400% more efficient than conventional HVAC systems.
- Advanced insulation techniques including icynene foam insulation and Spider insulation systems.
- Domestic water is pre-heated with heat discharge from geothermal loop substantially lowering water heating costs.
- Recycled, used brick exteriors reclaimed from DC buildings.
- Water conserving rain barrels used for general irrigation.
- Energy Star Appliances, Lighting, LED Lighting, ceiling fans, and ventilation fans.
- 240 Volt outlet located in garages for electric car charging.
- Utilization of bamboo, recycled metal and other sustainable materials throughout the interior and exterior of home.
- Hardwood flooring throughout is responsibly harvested and certified by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Low volatile organic compounds (VOC) paints, caulks, and adhesives.
- Astro Foil insulation reflects solar energy from entering the home reducing cooling costs.
- And more!